Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Story

Due to popular demand, Ok, thanks to Emma's mom for your request :) I have returned to blogging. It's been quite some time since I've really gotten into this and I apologize. My computer crashed (but that was expected since I dropped it. Oops!), my oldest son returned home to live (YAY!), summer was very busy with kids and company, my health took a nose-dive, blah, blah, blah. But I want you to know that now that I'm back, I'm back with a passion - with a fire in my belly, with a desire to educate and inform others on the importance of taking control of their own health and making wise decisions on what they eat as it is so true, "you are what you eat." I want others to learn what I've learned - and am continuing to learn - so that perhaps we all can live life to our fullest potential. A life full of health and happiness. My desire is to help prevent disease so that one doesn't have to live the after-affects of its damage and destruction. I have seen the devastation, which most likely led to death in this case, because one was not diagnosed with Celiac- a very controllable illness with simply a proper diet. Something so simple, yet so overlooked in the medical world.

I know this to be true for my own appointments with an immunologist this summer. Upon showing the immuno my results from the IgG NeuroScience Food Sensitivity Test ordered by my chiropractic neurologist (Dr. Gulla at n8 Wellness in Colorado Springs) which showed I was sensitive to 90 foods - everything I was eating - she said, "Those types of tests mean nothing. It's our testing that shows what's important. I wouldn't worry about these results and wouldn't change a thing in your diet, expect maybe reduce your intake of the foods which are high on the list."

While I liked what she had to say for it was a "WooHoo!! I can eat whatever I want to!" I knew in my crazy belly that she was wrong. There was a reason why I was reacting to everything I was eating and that reason couldn't be a good one. In my quest to learn more, I discovered just how far from the truth she was. Dr. Gulla informed me that with results like mine, I had to have Leaky Gut..again, or most likely, still. With Lyme disease, nothing ever stays the same, most conditions remain an unsolvable mystery and just plain complicated, and one will always have issues with their belly. Those darn bugs - and parasites - love to live in one's belly and make a mess of everything they come into contact with. And with leaky gut, this means they can squiggle their way out of one's gut and into the rest of one's body creating even more havoc. To make matters worse, some Lymies - like me - cannot tolerate the tradition treatment (glutamine and aloe) for leaky gut. So, what's one to do? I have yet to find the answer but I'm working on it and promise I will let you know as soon as I find out.

What's the big deal with Leaky Gut you may be wondering? Oh, it's a very, very big deal. Google it and be amazed at what you learn (I'll be posting a lot more on this subject in the near future). Since 70-80% of one's immune system resides in one's belly, it's imperative to one's overall health both today and all tomorrows that one's belly is well. If there's damage to it and it's not able to function properly one can contract not just colds and the flu, but auto-immune diseases of all kinds - including cancer. This is never a good thing. And to have an immunologist look at my report and totally dismiss it is just plain wrong! To think if I listened to her and not Dr. Gulla, I could continue collecting chronic illnesses (I have nearly 20 diagnosis as a result of Lyme), continue to feel sick and tired and be so tired of feeling sick and tired, and may even contract an illness which would take my life away - not just my lifestyle like most the ones to date have done.

So it's out of this my heart is filled with a passion to educate and inform. To provide possible answers and solutions (remember I don't have a medical degree, just am a 'professional patient'), recipes and how-to's, and point people like you in the right direction so that you may recover what you've lost, regain your 'balance' in life, and be restored, renewed, and revived to live your life to the fullest each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment